Friday, December 31, 2010

Jaipur, How to go about site seeing.. (My Expert Advice)


My foremost advice is not to get in to the Auto-Rickshaw-Site seeing Trap! Just avoid it. My second advice is that if you are an Avid photographer, spend at least 2-3 days there. The three forts Amer, Jaigarh & Nahargarh are worth a day and half between them. As a photographer do not hush your journey upwards towards the top of the hill and do not be eager to see the palace. Instead, walk slowly and explore the view and enjoy it.

To explore the City, you must walk around - and to do that you should map out your walking path. If you go by car, I would suggest parking your car near the Albert Hall museum and walk towards the Pink City. If you are going to use public transport, get an Auto from outside your hotel and ask him to drop you at Albert hall museum. Do not listen to Autowala if they ask you to visit any handloom/handicraft shops, if you do that you will be wasting your precious time. You can buy that stuff from anywhere in Jaipur anyways.

Once at the Albert hall museum, you may want to check the stuff in museum if you are a first-time. I don't find it exciting anymore. I would rather start my walk towards the Pink City, City Palace & Hawa Mahal etc. straight away.

No comments: