Friday, December 31, 2010

Ironical

This one little incident, like many other little ones got me thinking as well. Life is so much about perceptions than anything else - and if you can fight your adverse perceptions and manage to dream beautifully life can be an amazing journey.

Here's the little funny incident that got my imagination running:

The best looking couple at the Dulles airport(Washington DC).. were Brother & Sister! and that gorgeous blond was not American.. she was an Israeli.. and of all the things in the world, she liked 'Baingan ka bharta' (mashed roasted eggplant!?).

She possessed good sense of humor was evident when she talked, as the fact that she was extremely sensitive - and that was something so much against my perception. And before I had talked to her, I was pretty sure she would be anything but what she turned out to be. She was able to mold a conversation in to something funny and interesting which otherwise would have ended up in to being something racial. She was able to take the conversation to a point wherein everyone around forgot the fear of the shaky-flight and actually got interested in to what we were talking. It helped everyone (and my new Friend - Gaurav, probably benefited the most) since that weather-marred flight in that kite like little aircraft was turning out to be the nightmare of my life.

You know, you are bound to imagine things when a gorgeous looking blond - instead of looking in to the eyes of hunk sitting next to him - is looking all scattered. But well, if you can perceive better things if only you give yourself a chance. I so wanted to talk to this girl, and when we finally broke in to a conversation - all I was thinking was, this girl is a hell of a woman. A keen listener and she sounded like appreciative of most things around. She was not just a Blond!

And, I must thank Gaurav for initiating that conversation - out of his shaky-flight-phobiac uttering!

No comments: