Saturday, July 10, 2010

40 Minutes: Most memorable meetings.. and some Duds

Found GP to be an amazingly intellectual & compassionate guy. Though some people wittingly contributed the chemistry to uncanny resemblance in our appearances.. but the reason was there were two people with great amount of passion for surroundings meeting and trying to discuss every thing up in an hour!!.. We discussed work, we discussed India, US and UK. And, we discussed the cultures, the families, the warmth in people in India and every where else, exchanged experiences and subtly admired each other's point of view.

I talked about my work as passionately I could or may be just about near to it.. though I was not at my best .. I am certainly capable of even more intense conversation about work, however I was Glad that the person at the other end was amazing understanding, appreciative and could comprehend the things in correct perspective.

The best part was that he was enjoying the rain that he was seeing out of window & he enjoyed whatever he saw from Hotel to the Office.. I hardly do.. So I put him in the correct perspective by telling that.. all that you saw needs a lot of improvement..

Humor was an inherent part of this extremely serious discussion about work.. and that's where I admire people who have it.

I would rate this as one of my best Meetings Ever.

I surely remember a few other meetings which made me learn so many things

- The one with Flex Industries CEO about 7 years back, I dun't remember the name of the Old Man

- One with a CEO called ATAM PAUL about 13 years back. Back then it was a learning working on complicated spreadsheet formulas on his miniature laptop.. unfortunately I said NO to his offering. Though he had offered the job dispite myself being not able to perform the spreadsheet calculations that he wanted. I wanted to focus on my studies.

- One at a forgettable Organization that I left as soon as I joined. But the South Indian Finance AVP was impressed that a North Indian had demonstrated some brains.

- One with the WNS team, the Video Conference Interview was one of my most exciting ones. I just happened to have all the answers to their questions and left them no choice.

- With my Current Organization Central Hiring Team, when I told the HR manager that I would not work at a place more than 15 minutes drive from my place he said " I like your approach, I will call you when I have an Opening in Gurgaon" and after 3 months he called me up and said "would you like to work"?


My simplest Interview was with E-funds, the Smoking Chimney of an HR called me only one question after having a look at my resume "Do you really want to work in this Role?"

My worst interview was at EXL about 9 years back, the Lady Interviewing me was just too beautiful!! ;-)

No comments: